Tuesday, March 8, 2011

When JWs come knocking


How do you deal with Jehovah’s Witnesses when they knock on your door?  


I invite them in and sit them down and open my King James Bible.  (They walk around with a KJV and their OWN version—the New World Translation, but we'll talk about this later). Then I would ask them this question first...

"If you see me walking down the street while you are out going door to door, and you see me trying to cross the street, and I am hit by a car and my life's blood is draining out fast, but yet I am still conscious, and you do the right thing and come over to minister to me, and I say to you 'I'm dying...please tell me what must I do to be saved? How can I know for sure that I am right with God when I die?'

I then tell them that if their answer could not give me the assurance that when I die in 2 minutes, that I am assured a right standing with God, then their religion is worthless!

Why? Well if your religion does nothing to assure you a right standing before God right this moment, without works...it's not worth the trouble!

Then I would go on to show them how to know for sure that they can be right with God! I will give them a gospel that can save a man in less than 2 minutes! Then I will open up the bible, and have them read and explain the following verses to me!

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet [or still] sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 3:24
Being justified [declared righteous] freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

How long is eternal? Forever!...and God never takes it back...and He never changes His mind.

Romans 11:29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

2 Timothy 2:13
If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

When they bring up what James says in James 2.*   Show them how that directly contradicts what Paul says in Romans…

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

… and then show them why we listen to Paul over James...

Romans 11:13
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

James 1:1
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

And why we need to rightly divided God's Word...

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Then ask them why they change the verses in their New World Translation by making our Lord Jesus Christ a "god" and not the "God"  He truly is in John chapter 1. (They change all of the big "g's" to little "g's"...to take away from His deity.)

Psalm 62:4
They [the world] only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.!

Let them know that they forgot to change one of the verses though...

John 20:28
 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

 Make him read it from his version and explain how they forgot to change that one!

Then just for icing on the cake...have him explain

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Ask him who the "he" is in this verse, and why the "he" in this verse calls the Son “God” with a big "g"?

Then have him explain this passage:

Titus 1:3-4
But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Ask him, according to verses 3 and 4, who is the Saviour? Then ask him how can Jesus be the Saviour when only Jehovah can be the Saviour?

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Deal with all this information in the order given from God's Word!


Hopefully this helps...Maranatha!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++





* James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

No comments:

Post a Comment