Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A sense of urgency...

I keep having this sense of urgency that time is short and [that I need] to be speaking up to loved ones that may not make it, according to the testimony which comes from their lips.  That 'sense of urgency' could be from my flesh; but, I'm trying to determine if it could be from the Holy Spirit within me?

Having a sense of urgency to see lost souls saved is not of your flesh because our Apostle Paul says the same thing...

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed

1 Corinthians 7:29; 6:2
But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;

 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Ephesians 5:16
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Colossians 4:5
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.

So to be motivated to see lost souls saved from God's wrath to come is of the Holy Spirit in you because you believe what he wrote to us from Paul.

But make sure that your sense of urgency does not cause you to have worry, because any worry is of the flesh, and not of the Spirit. And it seems to me that along with your sincere love for others and your sense of urgency for their souls, that there is also a spirit of worry there...but I could be mistaken.

Philippians 4:5-7
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Hopefully this helps!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




No comments:

Post a Comment