Friday, June 28, 2013

Timing of the Rapture Pt.4


When Paul tells us to keep looking for that blessed hope, he isn’t saying that we should be looking for Christ to come take us out of this world because we’re tired.  He’s saying, “Oh Lord, I’m ready to get my reward; I’ve been suffering for you.

2 Corinthians 1:5
For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

I fought a good fight; I finished my course; I kept the faith.”

2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faithHenceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

2 Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

That day is the judgment seat of Christ following the rapture.  Paul never looked for the rapture/resurrection to take him away from his problems.  No!  He gloried in his infirmities.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

He looked for it as the day of reward when our work is finished and it’s time to go home.

1 Corinthians 3:8
Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

But he also viewed the rapture as a day of shame for some.

2 Timothy 2:15
 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment