Saturday, May 28, 2011

In his shadow

You also made an old testament reference in regard to there being healing for Israel/Jews in the "shadow of his wings."  Do you have the reference for that too?


This is most likely from the study of…

Acts 5:14-15
And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

I believe that I mentioned in that study that the issue of those Jews receiving healing from Peter's shadow might be a reference to a couple of Psalms that Israel was to think about as Peter's shadow passed by.

Psalm 91:1
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Because Peter was the Lord's official representative to/for the nation of Israel, God used Peter's shadow to heal—as a symbol of the 'shadow of the Almighty' and its power to heal.

When God brought Israel out of Egypt, he would usually remind them of that great victory by comparing himself to an Eagle.  (Each of the four gospels depicts Christ as one of the four faces of a cherub:  in Matthew, the lion (as King); in Mark, the ox (as Servant); in Luke, the man (the humanity of the Son of Man); in John, the eagle (as Jehovah God.))

Exodus 19:4
Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

From that point on, when Israel needed help, God would "cover" them under the shadow of those wings that he bare them on just like a mother eagle covers her chicks to protect them from all harm.

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings

Psalm 36:7
How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Psalm 57:1
Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

Psalm 63:7
Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

So because Peter is teaching and showing the blessings of Jehovah's earthly kingdom and the kingdom includes physical healings...

Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

Therefore, thru Peter, and his shadow, the Lord is showing himself to Israel as their Jehovah-Rapha—the LORD that healeth thee:

Exodus 15:26
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.


Hopefully this helps! 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you have a question for Pastor Ron?




No comments:

Post a Comment