Monday, May 2, 2011

Backslidden christian?

My friend tells me that I’m backslidden, that I’ve lost my salvation and that I need to ask for forgiveness.  I am so confused!  Help!


First off, there is no such thing as being backslidden within the church, the Body of Christ!!!

The bible term about back sliding has to do with God's program—not with us today in grace—but with his program with the Nation of Israel! 

That's why God commands us to rightly divide his word...to avoid this type of confusion!  Notice the context of the verses below.   They are to and about the nation Israel.  They have no application to us in the church, the Body of Christ in this present dispensation of the grace of God [Ephesians 3:2]

Jeremiah 3:6, 8, 11-12, 14, 22; 8:5; 31:22; 49:4
The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah. Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God.

Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return.

How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

Wherefore gloriest thou in the valleys, thy flowing valley, O backsliding daughter? that trusted in her treasures, saying, Who shall come unto me?

Hosea 4:16; 11:7; 14:4
For Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer: now the LORD will feed them as a lamb in a large place.

And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him.

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

All these verses, above, refer to Israel, not us!  They are part of the doctrines of devils

1 Timothy 4:1-2
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devilsSpeaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

One of Satan’s attack devices on those who come to see the truth of God’s word rightly divided is to make them doubt, get discouraged, be confused, etc.  It has happened to us all!

But God allows it because he uses it as your opportunity to draw closer to him and to grow in his word.

2 Corinthians 2:11
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

God, through our apostle Paul has given us the answer so that we are not ignorant of his devices. It is there in his holy scripture for us to study out so as to be thoroughly furnished nor tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine [of devils].

2 Timothy 2:15-18
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truthBut shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Ephesians 4:14
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;


Hopefully this helps!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you have a question for Pastor Ron?



No comments:

Post a Comment