Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In a nutshell

I need it spelled out in black and white.  I like it straight forward—when one verse ‘says it all!’ 


Although it is good to have one verse that ties everything together that is not usually how God does it.

God desires us to study his word! [2 Timothy 2:15]

When you study, you must allow the Holy Ghost to teach you. How does he do it? By giving us one verse? Sometimes...but most of the time it's by comparing verse to verse.

1 Corinthians 2:12-13
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

God has made it so that if he gives you two or more witnesses about a truth, that is enough to understand it.

2 Corinthians 13:1
This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

That is why Paul asked the Lord to heal him three times

2 Corinthians 12:7-9
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

So although we desire to have it all makes sense in one verse, God desires that we study and put it all together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Mankind moves heaven and earth to get what they want. We all labour diligently to get what we want. Why not do the same and more when it comes to studying God's Word.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

That is why we must rightly divide the word!




Hopefully this helps...Maranatha!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment