Wednesday, October 19, 2016

No need for blood anymore?

In describing the new body given at the rapture, you stated that it is unique in that it is bloodless. In running references on the topic, I find that our bodies are members of Christ, in a clearly 'physical' context.

1 Corinthians 6:15
Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

I need some help reconciling the blood/no blood concept that I've heard here and other places, but, though a Bible teacher myself, I have never taught because I don't teach things I don't understand. Is this something you can clear up for me?



The key to our new bodies is that Paul says in 1 Corinthians that our flesh and blood, corruptible bodies cannot inherit the kingdom. So we need bodies that are not flesh and blood. Our resurrected bodies will be like our Lord's glorious body.  His body is flesh and bone, therefore our bodies will be flesh and bone like His, not flesh and blood.

1 Corinthians 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Philippians 3:21
Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Remember Adam was first flesh and bone before sin. Blood came after the fall to pay for sins. There will be no more sin for us, therefore no more need for blood for us after our Resurrection. Plus, blood is needful for the life of our flesh now, but then we will have life by the Spirit.

Genesis 2:23
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.


Hopefully this helps!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you have a question for Pastor Ron?




No comments:

Post a Comment