Friday, May 29, 2015

My God, My God


Psalm 22:1
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

This is a messianic psalm about the Lord Jesus on the cross.  “My God [that’s the Father], my God [that’s the Holy Ghost], why has thou forsaken me?”  He was fulfilling this passage on the cross. When God made his soul an offering for sin, they left him (at least, the Father and the Spirit did [for a time], [even tho] he (the Son) is God, as well.)    

“why are thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?" What we are going to find out is, because he is holy, and when Christ became sin (the embodiment of all the sin of all mankind—your sin, my sin, all the sins from Adam on to the last man), God turned his back on his own Son for the first time in all eternity.  This is interesting. 

Psalm 22:6
But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

I am a worm, and no man” his soul became an offering for sin and he became a worm—that is the [state of the] soul in the second death. 

Mark 9:44, 46, 48
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

A reproach of men and despised of the people.” He was rejected by Israel and unbelievers, and they put him on that cruel and criminal cross instead of sacrificing their Messiah by faith on the altar in the temple.  That was why he showed himself, why he would heal somebody and tell them to go and tell the priests and offer the sacrifice.  That priest was supposed to look at the leper and say: ‘Who did this?  The Lord.  Oh, the messiah is here; we need to sacrifice him at the temple.'   But they didn’t do that.  Instead of sacrificing him by faith like Abraham did Isaac, in type, they rejected him, even to the death of the cross.  He was obedient to His Father; He was willing to die for Israel in the temple on the altar by faith, and even worse Paul tells us…the death of the cross, by wicked hands (Philippians 2:8; Acts 2:23). 

Psalm 22:20-21
Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.  Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

In Israel, you could run for refuge and go to the temple and hold on to the horns of the altar.  I think the Lord understood that he should be accepted by the people and be sacrificed in righteousness.  But then, he sees himself on the cross; and what we learn from Hebrews is, in God’s eyes, that was the altar.  The Son did his part (he was faithful), but Israel rejected him.   

Hebrews 2:10
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a transcribed excerpt from a message in the series on Hebrews


Hopefully this helps!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++








No comments:

Post a Comment