Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dealing with Rejection


Bro Ron:   That video [How To Deal With Rejection] you did for a sister in Christ was so much like my own situation (at some points I even thought it could have been my own letters I've written to you), and I just cried from the depths of my heart as I listened.  I wish I could comfort that sister, too.  I know EXACTLY what she is feeling and going through, and I have thought, w/regards to my own situation, it was what you were saying with regards to it being something within the other folks, but I just kept thinking, well, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or I'm not handling telling others about these truths, correctly.  Your words to her were very comforting and helpful, even strengthening.  I praise the Lord for your love towards the other saints, dear bro. The Lord knows I appreciate you and the work of faith and labor of love you have for his body as well as the love for lost souls.  

This morning I came across an article on Suffering by Keith Blades that may be helpful to the sister in Christ to whom you were addressing the questions on rejection; of course, it's up to you if you think it should be shared w/her or not.  I pray that I would learn about these sufferings and come to the place, as our Apostle Paul did, where I am able to rejoice in these sufferings for Christ sake, to really understand that this is what it is about; that I would learn to not complain about it, but have an understanding of this doctrine and learn how to handle these sufferings in a godly manner that is glorifying to the Lord.


Dear Sister:

There are saints who are suffering in their closest relationships for Christ’s sake.  You are suffering for who you are in Christ, which is part of the suffering we can expect to experience with and for Christ.  We will all experience those things.

2 Corinthians 1:5-7
For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.  And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.  And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

I have lost a number of friends and contact with family members just because I have been faithful to the doctrine committed to the apostle Paul – the grace gospel, the mystery of Christ.

Acts 20:24
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Colossians 4:3
Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

But do you know what Paul says?

2 Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Know that all of this suffering that you are going through because of who you are in Christ and because you are a Pauline grace believer, is fruit that is abounding to your account!

Philippians 4:17
Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

You have committed it to the Lord Jesus because you are suffering with him…and for him.  Although it is difficult now and it seems like it will never end, one day soon you will get it all back at the judgment seat of Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:11-14
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ [according to the revelation of the mystery].  Now if any man build upon this foundation [Pauline doctrine] gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

You will rule and reign as a joint-heir with him if you stay faithful to this doctrine the rest of your life.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Rejection is part of this suffering.  Our desire is to have our family members be a part of it and be zealous about these things, and yet [quite often] they are not.  They are apathetic and maybe even hostile towards it in some cases.  It may be your spouse, parents, sibling or dear friends.  There are saints who have lost husbands and wives because they believe the doctrine, but their spouses are into religion, a denominational system, and they reject the Pauline grace message and the mystery.

Saints who experience this rejection may be far in distance from each other, but not in heart.  Sisters and brothers in the Lord, grace believers, who are going through similar situations, can offer encouragement to each other.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

2 Corinthians 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

You may think that you’re doing something wrong or that you’re not telling others about these truths correctly.  No, it is not you.  It is that people desire darkness rather than light.

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Be careful that you deliver Pauline doctrine in meekness.

2 Timothy 2:25
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

But no matter how gracious you are in presenting the truth, when some people’s hearts are convicted they will become hostile towards you [as the messenger].  They might accuse you of thinking that you’re God and that you know everything, but don’t be discouraged.

1 Samuel 8:7b
…for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me,

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.

I want you to be encouraged, uplifted and edified.  I am edified and encouraged by the questions of the saints because I love to minister in that way.  Let’s grow together and help each other to get a full reward at the judgment seat of Christ which is soon to come.

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

No comments:

Post a Comment