Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Speak the Same Thing, Pt. 6


I get this question all the time: 

“When do I know it is right for me to leave a church?  I understand what you are saying, but I’m going to such and such church; or, I am an elder at such and such church or I am a deacon at such and such church.  My family has always gone there; or, my father is the preacher there; or, our whole life is in this church; or, our children are active in the children’s ministry.  What am I to do?  How can I leave”?

I can’t tell you when to leave but I can tell you what the word of God says:

Romans 6:17-18
But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
(So if Paul is the one giving us the doctrine and other men are preaching something that causes divisions (denominations) and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, you are to avoid them.)
For they that are such…
(Now these are saved men (today it could be both saved and lost men), but in this case they are other brothers who are preaching.)
…serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

They will get to the judgment seat of Christ and they will be saved, yet so as by fire (I Cor. 3:12-15).  Now you can’t lose your salvation—once saved, always saved.  If you are saved by God’s grace through faith and no works, you stay saved by God’s grace (Eph. 2:8-9).  It is all about what Christ did. Get your attention off yourself; it is what Christ did.

2 Timothy 2:13
If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment