Thursday, March 21, 2013

Speak the Same Thing, Pt. 11


When you see ['mark', take notice] a short-accounts system that God put Israel under as children who were under a law performance then, you leave ['avoid'] a church, as they are adding legalism to the grace message.  If they put legalism on you to please God by your performance, you are to say “No.”

Romans 16:17
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such are false apostles [these men who are speaking for Christ, but are], deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (light in scripture means a source of divine revelation.) Therefore it is no great thing if his [Satan’s] ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

They will not tell you to live in the grace of God; they will tell you that you should be following the ten commandments to live right.  Take note of what they are saying:  they will be telling you, “Do this!  Don't do that!”  Their message puts the focus on you, and how you live.  A good grace preacher will put the focus on Christ, and Christ alone...as does scripture, rightly divided!   

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gavew himself for me.

If you listen to them on the radio and TV you will hear them tell you what you need to do.  That is performance-based acceptance.  That is legalism.  I already know you’re a sinner because I’m one, saved by his grace.  God knows we are weak in the flesh.  He tells us to look at his Son and to make him the issue.  The only one who makes him the issue today is the Apostle Paul.  That is what I want you to see.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment