Thursday, December 27, 2012

Helper of your Joy

Brother Ron’s Prayer

My prayer is to be a vessel of understanding for others.  Here is a verse that resonates in my heart:

2 Corinthians 1:24
Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Paul is the apostle of us gentiles and has authority, but he says that he isn’t there to have dominion over us – that describes religion and denominationalism.  As a Pauline grace minister, my job is to be a helper of your joy in understanding God’s word because by faith ye stand.

Every day my number one prayer is, “Father, let me be so clear in my teaching and grasp of scripture so that I can be a vessel for others.  Give me great understanding so that I can share it.”  God uses man:

1 Corinthians 1:21
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

The scriptures, the written word of God, is here for a record.  You can read the word for yourselves; but God has chosen that it be communicated through human vessels and the spoken word.  I had a brother tell me that he would read a passage and get some understanding, but... "when we are assembled under your teaching when you are expounding with expository teaching and preaching on those same verses, it comes alive."  Praise God!  My prayer has been answered.

Acts 18:26
And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

God made it that way.  That is why we need preaching in local assemblies and through this type of media.  That is my part in the body of Christ and I take it seriously.  It is a humbling thing.  It is a privilege and honor, but also a fantastic responsibility. 

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Hearing from many of you that you are benefiting from my teacher means so much to me and makes me want to study more and gain more understanding so that I can give it to others.  That is why I love to do these Q&A’s.  I give the heavenly Father thanks and praise for answering my prayer when I hear from brothers and sisters that they are being helped in their understanding of God’s word.

Colossians 1:9
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

No comments:

Post a Comment